One event triggers another, we pass along a cause and effect path to a final unknown destination.
At every decision point, alternate routes are left behind … or are even closed.
My decisions are simple:
What song or piece of music should appear next on my playlist?
1. Every song chosen is influenced by or linked to its predecessor.
2. Every song chosen must be contained within my collection.
3. Repetitions are not allowed. (Repetition is the same performance of the same song by the same artist. For example: If Dylan’s studio performance of Tangled Up In Blue from Blood On The Tracks has been played, it cannot be repeated but the version that appears on Live 1975 may still be used.)
4. The preference is that the same artist does not appear consecutively (not a rule just a guideline).
5. The starting point is: Crossroad Blues by Robert Johnson.
As we go through this I’d love to hear your thoughts on path I take … and what selections you would make at any points along the way.